Well, it’s official folks… about the Catholic Church taking money from the Mafia!
“The Catholic Church over time has taken money from the Mafia. It’s true.”— H. James Towey. Testimony under oath – September 9, 2009.
But, WAIT A MINUTE… how does Jim Towey know “it’s true”?
What WERE the circumstances leading to Jim Towey having to be subpoenaed for this sworn testimony?
Hmmm… why, I’m just SHOCKED, SHOCKED, SHOCKED!
Following the video containing excerpts of Jim Towey’s testimony, I present a series of very important questions that would require transparency from Ave Maria University’s administration– as well as from the Most Rev. Bishop Frank J. Dewane, of the Diocese of Venice, in Florida.
Jim Towey (H. James Towey) was officially announced as president of Ave Maria University (AMU) on February 10, 2011 via a press release (LINK), where Tom Monaghan (founder, former CEO and current chancellor of AMU) stated:
“This decision was a result of ongoing discussions that I’ve had with the board throughout the last couple of years in terms of developing and implementing a succession plan,”.
Monaghan went on to say, “I have known Jim for more than 10 years…”.
Pursuant to the aforementioned press release, Jim Towey became responsible for the day-to-day operations as president of AMU, effective July 1, 2011.
1. Did Mr. Towey reveal to Tom Monaghan and the Ave Maria University Board of Trustees that he had been subpoenaed (ordered) to give his sworn testimony, at a deposition which took place on September 9, 2009—and most important— did Mr. Towey reveal the circumstances that led to his sworn testimony?
If so, when?
2. During Mr. Towey’s hiring process, did Mr. Monaghan and the Ave Maria University Board of Trustees consider Mr. Towey’s sworn testimony of September 9, 2009?
If not– why not?
3. Did Mr. Monaghan, the Ave Maria University Board of Trustees and / or Mr. Towey inform the Most Rev. Bishop Frank J. Dewane (a member of the Board of Trustees) about Mr. Towey’s sworn testimony (and the circumstances that led to his sworn testimony) during Mr. Towey’s hiring process?
If not, why not?
4. After Mr. Towey’s effective date as president of Ave Maria University (July 1, 2011)— did Mr. Towey reveal to the Most Rev. Bishop Frank J. Dewane that he had been subpoenaed to give a sworn testimony on September 9, 2009—and most important— the circumstances that led to his sworn testimony?
If not, why not?
It is important to note that Bishop Dewane did not issue his official Catholic recognition of Ave Maria University until October 7, 2011.
5. Did Mr. Monaghan and the Ave Maria University Board of Trustees reveal Mr. Towey’s sworn testimony (and the circumstances that led to his sworn testimony) to Bishop Dewane during the process that led Bishop Dewane to establish “… Ave Maria University as a Catholic University according to the guidelines of the Code of Canon Law” on October 7, 2011? [text in italics is a quote from AMU’S website].
If not, why not?
After all, it was Jim Towey who stated on October 28, 2011 to the Naples Daily News, during a video-taped interview (LINK), that he “enjoyed working with Bishop Dewane”— and that Bishop Dewane wanted to see “that we would be in close coordination with him” as part of the Bishop’s decision-making process to grant official Catholic recognition to Ave Maria University.
6. Again, what were the circumstances that led to Jim Towey’s sworn testimony on September 9, 2009?
7. How does Jim Towey know that “the Catholic Church over time has taken money from the Mafia”?
8. How does Jim Towey know that “it’s true”?
♔ ♔ ♔
H. James Towey, James Towey, Jim Towey, President of Ave Maria University, The Catholic Church and the Mafia.